AWS and Azure Networking and Big Data Pipelines
1 min read
This is a discussion on Azure and AWS Cloud Environments.
- Azure Virtual Network (VNET) = AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- VPC = emulation of your infrastructure, spans all Availability sets/zones.
- can only belong to one AZ.
- defined by the IP blocks we assigned to it.
- subnets can be private or public (if has IGW attached).
- it allows resources inside the VPC to access the Internet.
- one igw per VPC.
- different types of gateways
- Azure Network Security Groups.
- Azure Network Virtual Appliances.
- AWS NACL and SG.
- Set of rules/routes where traffic will be redirected. (e.g. Associate subnet to a specific rule on a via route table).
1. VNET Peering / VPC Peering (Azure)
2. VPN Gateway / AWS Transit Gateway (AWS)
Check AWS documentation for more info: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/vpc/index.html